Keith Van Horn founded Premier Basketball Club in August of 2012 along with several like-minded individuals who had a passion for the game of basketball. Coach Keith serves as the Executive Director and acts as the Director of Operations for Premier’s U10-U17 Girls Premier Academy and Nike EYBL girls program.
Many will recognize Coach Keith from his college playing days at the University of Utah where he was inducted into it’s Crimson Club Hall of Fame in 2012 as well as his successful playing career in the NBA (retired in 2008).
Selected as the #2 Pick in the 1997 NBA Draft, Van Horn sought out to start a youth basketball club in Colorado and Utah that reflected the values and ethics of the game that he was taught as a player. He was coached by some of the best coaches in the history of the game including Rick Majerus, Larry Brown, and John Calapari. Coach Keith uses the knowledge that he gained throughout his basketball career to benefit youth basketball players in the states of Colorado and Utah.
Keith takes no compensation for his work with Premier Basketball Club.
Outside of basketball, Keith is an avid entrepreneur, serving as the Managing Partner of VH Real Estate Holdings, LLC and is the former President of Accuworks Software, which he sold in 2012.
He is also a member of both the University of Utah National Advisory Board and the Positive Coaching Alliance National Advisory Board which he emphatically supports. He lives in Colorado with his wife, Amy, and four children and they are active in their philanthropic work through The Keith and Amy Van Horn Charitable Fund.
- ESPN NCAA National Player of Year 1997
- Consensus Associated Press All American 1996, 1997
- Conference Player of the Year 1995, 1996, 1997
- Conference and University of Utah Career Scoring Leader
- Member of the University of Utah Hall of Fame
- Member of the PAC-12 Hall of Fame
- 2nd Pick of the 1997 NBA Draft
- First Team All-Rookie 1998
- Ranked 5th in the NBA in scoring 1998 season
- 2002 Eastern Conference Champion with the New Jersey Nets
- 2006 Western Conference Champion with the Dallas Mavericks
- Top Ten Career Leader in New Jersey Nets History in Points, Rebounds, Three Point Field Goals Made and Free Throws Made
- NBA Finals Participant (2002, 2005)