Utah Premier has announced their 2020-21 aau basketball tryout dates and information for our Utah basketball club’s 3rd-11th grade boys and girls beginning August 31st. Below you will find detailed information including dates, season information and more.
UTAH PREMIER 2020-21 TEAM TRYOUTS AND INFORMATION
*Check in begins 15 minutes prior to start of tryout session.
Location: Riverbend SportsPlex: 1085 Winding River Cove W, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Monday, August 31st
- 5-6:15pm: 11th Grade Boys
- 6:15-7:45pm: 9th Grade Boys
- 7:45-9:15pm: 10th Grade Boys
Tuesday, September 1st
- 6:15-7:45pm: 3rd & 4th Grade Boys
- 7:45-9:15pm: 5th & 6th Grade Boys
Wednesday, September 2nd
- 6:15-7:45pm: 7th Grade Boys
- 7:45-9:15pm: 8th Grade Boys
Thursday, September 3rd
- 5:15-6:30pm: 3rd-6th Grade Girls
- 6:30-7:45pm: 7th-8th-9th Grade Girls
- 7:45-9:00pm: 10th-11th Grade Girls
Utah Premier 2020-21 Team Rosters will be posted online at www.utahpremierbasketball.com by 9pm on Sunday, September 6th.
- Premier offers 3 practice sessions a week, two of which are required for players to attend, but players are welcome to attend all three sessions each week.
- This is a 12-month commitment for youth team players (3rd-8th…Sept-Aug) and a 6-month commitment for HS team players (Mar-Aug). We support our players playing other sports, but for players to keep Premier roster spots they must attend at least one team practice per week and arrange to play in the fall/spring league during their other sport season (3rd-8th). Premier expects full participation from players during the winter season (Nov-Mar).
- Premier cannot hold roster spots without participation. Premier will not deactivate a player’s account until another player registers for that roster spot; however, Premier staff are not responsible to seek out or advertise for an open roster spot if a player chooses to leave his/her Premier team prior to August 15, 2021.
- Players share the cost of event fees and coaches travel fees…even if they do not attend the event.
- Premier has built in several club vacation dates throughout the year. If a player is on a Premier travel team, we ask that parents and players try to work within those club vacation dates for family travel. High School players (and 8th grade travel teams) need to be available for the entire month of July. Advance notice and discussion of non-attendance to league games and/or tournaments is critical to our planning.
Utah Premier Club Vacation Dates / Planning Dates:
August 31-Sept 3, 2020: 2020-21 Premier Basketball Club Tryouts
September 8, 2020: 1st day of Premier team practice (3rd-8th) — (HS team skills and/or team practices will be offered in Sept and Oct…details soon.)
October 15-16, 2020: Fall Break
November 25-28, 2020: Thanksgiving weekend…no practices (teams may choose to play in holiday weekend tournaments)
December 23, 2020 – Jan 3, 2021: Holiday break…no practices (teams may choose to play in holiday weekend tournaments)
February 13-15, 2021: President’s Day weekend…no practices (teams may choose to play in holiday weekend tournaments)
March 8, 2021: High School teams begin practice
March 22-April 4, 2021: Spring Break (3rd-8th only)…no practices (teams may choose to play in break weekend tournaments)
May 24-30, 2021: End of school break…no practices (teams may choose to play in break weekend tournaments)
August 13, 2021: End of Utah Premier club season